Photo

DARK Classics in Chemical Neuroscience: PsilocybinACS Chem. Neurosci., - 10.1021/acschemneuro.8b00186

Review Psilocybin

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Phlogiston

Phlogiston

poelitie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 07:22 AM

Bron: https://pubs.acs.org...emneuro.8b00186

DARK Classics in Chemical Neuroscience: Psilocybin

cn-2018-001869_0007.gif

Psilocybin is found in a family of mushrooms commonly known as “magic mushrooms” that have been used throughout history to induce hallucinations. In the late 1950s Albert Hofmann, of Sandoz Laboratories, identified and synthesized the psychoactive compounds psilocybin and psilocin which are found in psilocybe mushrooms. Psilocybin was marketed by Sandoz as Indocybin for basic psychopharmacological and therapeutic clinical research. Psilocybin saw a rapid rise in popularity during the 1960s and was classed as a Schedule I drug in 1970. This led to a significant decrease in psilocybin research. Recently, however, preliminary studies with psilocybin have shown promise as potential for the treatment of obsessive compulsive disorder, alcohol addiction, tobacco addiction, and major depressive disorder, and the treatment of depression in terminally ill cancer patients. This review describes in detail the synthesis, metabolism, pharmacology, adverse drug reactions, and importance of psilocybin to neuroscience in the past and present.

Drugs against War

... R.I.P. Toasted ...

#2 snaap

snaap

anchorman

• Super Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 09:20 AM

Waarom heet die serie papers eigenlijk 'dark classics'? Dat stoort me al de hele tijd.

Important notice: Due to the current financial crisis, we have decided to temporarily turn off the light at the end of the tunnel.

Thank you, the mdgt.

#3 Phlogiston

Phlogiston

poelitie

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 17 July 2018 - 11:30 AM

Dit is een serie van ACS Chemical Neuroscience journal. Ze zijn ooit begonnen met de 'Classics in Chemical Neuroscience'-serie, waar in principe een artikel wordt geschreven over alle block-buster drugs.

Begin dit jaar hebben ze besloten om ook een serie over de meest beruchte/bekende illegale middelen te hebben, vandaar dus DARK. Maar dat betekend niet dat de artikelen perse negatief over deze middelen schrijven, zoals het geval bij deze paper, of LSD, etc.

Drugs against War

... R.I.P. Toasted ...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Review, Psilocybin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users